Jeffrey Levin has been a good citizen all of his life. It is his belief too, that business can succeed while doing good and contributing. Jeffrey Levin works with non-conflict diamonds and an increasing percentage of the metals used is recycled. As the jewelry industry evolves, Jeffrey Levin continues to seek ways to apply environmental and socially responsible practices to his craft and business, researching and sourcing gold recycling programs, non-conflict diamonds, fair-trade practices and more.
Jeffrey Levin has pledged to practice the following:
- Business operations will conform to sustainable best practices;
- Branding elements must use sustainable design throughout;
- Where manufacturing cannot be sustainable, the company will offset carbon output and research industry innovations in order to make changes in the future.
- We will take the environment into account in all aspects of our decision-making;
- We will explore new ways of working that reduce our negative impact;
- We will work with local suppliers, minimize transport, recycle and use recycled materials wherever possible;
- We will promote our business as one that is environmentally conscious and strive to work with suppliers and partners who do the same;
- We will educate and encourage others to embrace sustainable practices.
- Diamonds are sourced from a supplier, certified non-conflict;
- An increasing percentage of recycled metals are used;
- Leather cord is sourced from a supplier, certified lead-free dyes;
- Mother of Pearl is sustainably harvested and free of resins, dyes or bleaching;
- Pistachio, Machiche and Dark Walnut woods are locally sourced reclaimed woods;
- Business Cards Printed on New Leaf Paper with The Green Print Alliance (trees planted through the American Forests’ Global ReLeaf Fund);
- Website Hosted with AISO Solar Powered Web Hosting;
- Merchant Services with Certified Green Business, Dharma Merchant Services (who also donate 10% of gross profits to charity);
- Jewelry box board consists of 100% recycled materials - on average 80% is post consumer. Non-tarnishing ultra white synthetic cotton filler is 100% recycled. Paper wrap material is 100% recycled, Process Chlorine Free (PCF), and manufactured in the US with renewable hydroelectric energy;
- Shipping materials and void fill from Globe Guard, using 100% PCW.